Welcome to your next obsession!! Surfing is a fun activity that many find to be a lifelong quest for the next great wave! Heather is the person to introduce you to this activity. She has many years of both professional and leisure surf experience and brings enthusiasm and wisdom to her teaching. Here is what she has to say:
"My objective is to teach people to surf and to see that they have fun while learning. Oceanside offers some of the greatest surfing waters on the west coast. Whatever your level of experience, from novice to experienced, I will ensure that your time in the water is well spent, and that you get maximum enjoyment from your lesson. I want to provide you with the best possible introduction to surfing. If you're an experienced surfer, I can help you enhance your skills."
This is a great activity for the whole family if you're on vacation and is also great for locals who want to get into the sport or to improve your abilities! Almost anyone can do it!
In order to take a class with Heather please meet the following:
- Must be at least 4 years old.
- Be physically able to endure exciting, sometimes strenuous activities.
- Must be comfortable in the ocean and able to tread water/swim. (We do not take little ones out very far-safety first!)
- Be free of any injury or condition that prevents you from participating in sports.
If you choose our school for your surf lesson we will:
- Provide wetsuit, rash guard, and board
- Provide experienced, patient instructors who are CPR and First-aid certified
- Inform on basic surf etiquette and how to choose a wave, so the student will be welcomed into most any surf community in the future
- Teach water safety - riptides and what to do with them, loose boards, other hazards and situations so students are prepared
- Hearing impaired and special needs classes are available. This is a great activity for many with special needs, and can provide a real sense of accomplishment.
- We will make sure every student catches a wave! (expected surf conditions are taken into account when we confirm your reservation)
Instruction begins on the beach, where student's try each step, then instruction continues with more opportunity to practice on the sand, before hitting the ocean. The instructors stay with the student, and help select the wave so the student feels confident. We promise you will catch a wave your first lesson!
Heather has over 30 years of experience surfing professionally and for fun. She was a montessori school teacher for 8 years (K-6) and will make this surf experience one you will talk about for years, and one you want to repeat!